Saturday, August 13, 2016

Pikachu eraser stamp carving hyperlaspe video

I did say I was going to carve more pokemon right? Here's pikachu! Gosh. This one got me soooo frustrated. I bought carbon paper and tried to use that to transfer the image onto the eraser, since well. I can't draw. But nope. Didn't work. I tried coloring the back of the paper with pencil, then pen for a self made version of carbon paper. Nope. Didn't work. In the end I had to cut out the abused and outlined numerous time piece of pikachu and use that to trace the outline on the eraser. I still have to edit the outline because when you trace things, it ends up bigger than the original drawing... But at least the proportions and stuff are there. Then I just had to draw in the other details. At least I *think* I pieced together the rest of pikachu properly so yeah... You can see I started off with a really BLUE piece of eraser in the video. Good thing though, is that it makes it really easy to see which parts have been cut out and which parts aren't don't yet.

It's been a while since I carved something so... Complicated. This one took me quite a while, so I've speeded up the video 6X.


After the video recording I tidied the stamp up a little more (the eyes especially!) and ended up with this. Looks pretty nice by my standards! 

No comments:

Post a Comment