Monday, February 8, 2016

Eraser Stamp No. 23: Arashi kanji

So... I thought I'll try my hand at a pretty, calligraphy like Arashi kanji.

The result was a kanji that looked nothing like calligraphy...

But hey, I drew that free hand with not draft, no printing of a mirror image kanji to look at... Oh wells. I need to figure out how to transfer a print to the eraser...

Halfway through the carving process...

The finished product. I had to do quite a bit of refinement with this one, the lines were way too thick initially and ended up looking all stuck together when printing. Compare the top red kanji and the bottom one. The bottom one has better defined strokes.

Also... I was way too enthusiastic with stamping on the sponge type of ink pad, and sunk the eraser all the way in. Even the deepest grooves were filled with ink and I had trouble wiping off the ink in the grooves! Here in this picture, you see less of the inked grooves because I'd already widened some of the grooves.




No comments:

Post a Comment