Sunday, December 13, 2015

Eraser Stamp No. 18: Trees

I've been keeping my eyes peeled for designs and stuff that I can use on my stamps... And my mum happened to buy a new tumbler from Starbucks the other day...

That's the tumbler on the right. It's dark green and all christmasy. This photo doesn't show the colors well... but my purpose of taking the photo was just so I could have a reference of the pattern. I drew my design while copying this photo.

My first sketch. Which looks so ugly it's horrifying. 

I went over it in pen... nicer this time. I was too lazy to use ethanol to erase off the wrong lines, since that meant I would have to draw the entire picture again. Plus, the design wasn't that complicated anyway....

And my completed stamp. Took me quite some time to carve, in spite of it's simplicity. The reason? All that empty space at the sides that I have to carve alway. That's pretty troublesome actually... 

And another look at my completed stamp. Nothing too special here... just something with a little Christmas flavour. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment