Monday, December 14, 2015

Eraser Stamp No. 19: Waves

I was looking around the table when I saw the pattern on my chopsticks... And this was the result! This one took me really long to finish. I drew the design before the no. 18 trees was even conceptualised... but owing to the complexity of the design, carving it out took me a while. I'd carve a few curves out at  night, head to bed, then repeat the next day.

Looks pretty daunting isn't it?

I got the design inspiration from my chopsticks... 

Just looking at this... made me feel tired. I felt like giving up at first even! Before I even started lol! But as I carved on, it started getting addicting. I even felt urges to carve it!

About 1/3 of the lines carved out.

Halfway there!
Finally! The finished product! It's a pity that the sides were slanted when I did the carving initially... Destroys the otherwise very beautiful stamp... *sigh* Oh wells. I'll be more careful next time! Note to self: When carving frames, you'd better make sure they are darn straight. 

Maybe I'll use a ruler when carving frames out next time? Hmm... 


No comments:

Post a Comment