Saturday, November 21, 2015

Stamp No. 5: Lines and circles design

I was casting around, looking for something to carve next. After the first few Arashi logos, I decided that I needed a change. Chanced upon a circle and lines design on a tube of cream and found it really nice. Hey! Just the inspiration I needed for my next stamp! Perfect!


Pretty eh?

My design on the eraser, partially carved.

The fairy delicate design meant that it took me (with all my n00b skills) fairly long to finish.


Still, I'm pleased with the final product! Notice the extra lines on the side are gone in the 3rd and 4th inking. After each inking, I look at which parts need improving and work on them. It's also easier when there's some ink on the eraser already, because otherwise it's too hard to see exactly how the surfaces are - everything is all white!

No comments:

Post a Comment