Sunday, November 22, 2015

Stamp No. 10: Sumikko Gurashi Penguin - Thumbs Up

So continuing with my Sumikko Gurashi love... I bought all the available Sumikko Gurashi stickers on LINE (the messaging app), and since I absolutely love them, I thought, hey, those stickers make the perfect next thing for my to carve!

Carving them is actually very simple. After doing the puny alphabets, and even more complicated designs like the circuits and the lines/circles, this is a walk in the park. The carving part that is. The drawing... well... let's just say that my penguin and their penguin doesn't look the same.

This is their penguin.

And this is mine! Mine looks slimmer huh? Hmm actually it's pretty cute too :P (self-praise FTW)

Since their penguin is cut off halfway, and I think that wouldn't look nice on a stamp, I took the liberty of adding in legs and completing the rest of the penguin.


No comments:

Post a Comment