Saturday, November 21, 2015

Stamp No. 7: Practise carve - alphabets

I decided that I should do some sort of a practise carve - practising my carving skills and see how well I can do on more intricate designs. So... what better but to carve the alphabet? Measured and drew lines on the eraser to divide the space equally... because otherwise my letters will be slanted and all over the place :X

I realised that I had space below, so I decided to add in numbers as well, and in an even smaller font this time. Now that was pretty darn hard. The bits of eraser sticking out were so thin, so delicate, I was afraid they'll break! I figured out by my third stamp that undercutting was bad. Still, it was hard to work with so little space in between the letters. All in all, this stamp was a pretty good test of skill, and I feel that my techniques improved after this stamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment