Sunday, November 22, 2015

Stamp No. 9: Sumikko Gurashi Penguin in Hotsprings


I bought the Sumikko Gurashi book sometime back, and on my birthday my sis gave me a Sumikko Gurashi cup! Just absolutely adorable aren't they?

The Sumikko Gurashi picture book.

Sumikko Gurashi Cup

The cup and the book together.


I just searched on Amazon and gosh! There's TONS of Sumikko Gurashi goods. The first thing that actually popped up was this Sumikko Gurashi SUSHI plushie. Sushi!!! Another of my favourite! 

 

Aren't they adorable?

Anyway... I tried to copy the one of the images on the box of the cup. (Yes, the box is really useful! Good thing I didn't throw it away!)

I just free-handed it, and since there's not 'left or right' with images like these, I didn't bother flipping the drawing over.

Half way through the carving process.

And the final product!
Here's the two penguins laid out side by side. Certainly not identical... but not too shabby either? :P




No comments:

Post a Comment