Saturday, November 21, 2015

Stamp No. 8: Arashi BLAST in Hawaii logo

Now this was a tough one! The Hawaii BLAST logo had flowers, and loads of intricate details that was difficult to draw on rubber, let alone carve. If you still remember, eraser no. 3 was modelled after the Hawaii BLAST logo, but without all that troublesome flowers. I couldn't get the necklace flower identical to the logo...

If you count, the necklace thing is made up of 7 flowers in their logo. But due to space constrains on the eraser... I only managed 5. (Even then I had a hard time drawing them!)


My drawing of the logo... Yeah yeah. The flowers are NOT of equal size. Or shape. 

Halfway through the carving process. I nearly died doing the flowers.

All carved out! Time for a test ink!

First test ink!

My friend, J, told me that the smile looks more like a smirk... so I tried 'editing' the smile. I think the end result isn't too much better but... Oh wells. Look at how thin it already is! There's nothing much else that I can do! Better luck next time? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment